Students accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program must possess and maintain the following technical standards:
- Acquire information from didactic, clinical, and technological learning experiences
Example: Lecture, demonstration, observation, interview, on-line learning and patient assessment. Obtain clinical information and historical facts from the client and medical records
- Acquire information from written, video, audio, and electronic sources Example: Literature search, data retrieval, & electronic medical records
Acquire information through nursing assessment techniques
Example: Assess blood pressure, heart sounds, lung sound and/or bowel sounds
Communicate information effectively and efficiently in English with faculty, clients, families and health care constituents
Example: Report client status, facilitate client teaching, and document care
Collaborate with faculty, clients, family and health care constituents
Example: Participate in the exchange of information among health care constituents
Interpret & Integrate information
- Measure, calculate, reason, analyze and synthesize data related to patient care.
- Integrate learned concepts, theories and research into nursing practice
Example: Utilize Evidenced Based Practice in providing nursing care
- Interpret and integrate information obtained from nursing assessment techniques and diagnostic tests to establish clinical judgement
Example: Recognize and act upon alterations in client status
- Provide holistic nursing care to clients, families, and/or communities in diverse healthcare settings Example: Use cultural competency when engaging with diverse populations.
Perform or assist with procedures, treatments and the administration of medications
- Demonstrate Integrity, accountability and concern for self, and others
Example: Accountable for actions, exercises proper judgement, and completes responsibilities according to clinical guidelines and course outcomes.
- Exhibit professional, sensitive and effective interactions with clients, families and healthcare constituents
- Exhibit professional and rationale responses to stressful and/or rapidly changing situation in classroom and
- clinical practice settings.
Uphold ethical principles and practices of education and the profession of nursing.
Examples: American Nurses Association of Standards of Care, Nursing Code of Ethics, Bryan College of Health Sciences Student Code of Conduct and College Values.
Technical Standards are required for the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Technical Standards must be met with or without reasonable accommodations.
Bryan College of Health Sciences is committed to providing an environment conducive to learning for all students, including students with disabilities. Accommodations are provided in accordance with section 504 of the Rehabilitations Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
If you are a student with a disability who may need reasonable accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-481-8782.