All health science students with an on-campus presence and students in a program containing clinical experiences are required to provide proof of required immunizations/immunity, complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire and identify allergies. Students are expected to complete all health requirements and submit documentation by the end of the eighth week of their first incoming semester. Students who do not complete the health requirement will have a hold placed on their account that will keep them from registering for classes the following semester.
Required immunizations are:
- Hepatitis B - 3 dose series or positive immunity study (BSN and Sonography also required to have a positive immunity study in addition to vaccine series)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 dose series or positive immunity study if had Chicken Pox disease
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) - 2 dose series or positive immunity study of each
- Meningococcal (meningitis) - Only for students under the age of 21 years.
- One dose of conjugate vaccine from ages 11-15 years with a booster vaccination at age 16 years OR if did not receive conjugate vaccine prior to 16 years old, the requirement is to have 1 vaccination prior to being a first-year student at college.
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) - 1 dose required - expires in 10 years
- Tetanus (Td) - if Tdap date has expired, update with Tetanus vaccine or another Tdap vaccine
- TB (Tuberculosis) - (2-step TB skin test or blood test - IGRA) - within 12 months prior to start date of first class
- Influenza Vaccination - All students who attend class on campus are required to follow Bryan Health’s policy on mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination. For students who decline or cannot have the flu vaccine for medical reasons, a declination form must be signed and the student will follow Bryan Health’s policy including wearing a mask when a sustained level of influenza cases has been identified in the community. Influenza vaccination will be provided at no expense to students.
COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) - full immunized 2 weeks prior to start date of first class or declination for medical, religious, or creed exemption on file with student health. Declination may result in weekly COVID-19 testing requirement.
Non Degree Seeking (NDS) students with a clinical component in their assigned course must complete a TB screening questionnaire, provide proof of a current Tuberculosis (TB) screening within 6 months prior to course start date and follow Bryan Health’s policy on seasonal influenza vaccinations.
Non Degree Seeking (NDS) students without a clinical component in their assigned course are exempt from these requirements except for Bryan Health’s policy on seasonal influenza vaccinations.
100% Online Programs - these students are exempt from all immunization requirements