To establish a policy for students who wish to seek employment in their specialty area while still enrolled as a student.
Students wishing to seek employment in their area of specialty may do so according to the following guidelines and limitations.
- The student must have progressed through the curriculum to such a point that he/she has the knowledge and skills to competently perform, under appropriate supervision of the employer, the duties of the position being sought.
- Employment may not under any circumstances interfere with, or substitute for, any classroom or clinical schedules or assignments.
- The student may under no circumstances replace or assume the responsibilities of regular and/or qualified staff during scheduled course activities.
- Employment in the area of specialty is a matter between the employee and the employer. The College is not a part of, nor does it assume any responsibility for, matters related to the employment of a student while enrolled in the program of study.
- Employment outside of curricular activities is non-compulsory. The student must receive pay and is subject to standard employee policies.